The reusable, non-hormonal, latex-free contraceptive device
Distributed exclusively in Canada by MEDISAFE DISTRIBUTION INC.
The FemCap is woman-controlled birth control that’s a safe and effective alternative to other methods of contraception such as the pill, the patch, intrauterine devices (IUDs), other barrier methods or the condom.
• reusable for a year
• made of non-allergenic, durable, surgical-grade silicone
• is available in three sizes: 30mm, 26mm, 22mm — see ** below
• designed to cover the cervix to prevent sperm from entering
• proven in clinical trials to be to be over 92% effective in the prevention of pregnancy
The FemCap Difference
Unlike some other barrier contraceptive methods, the FemCap
can be left in place for up to 48 hours of contraceptive protection.
• is comfortable and easy to use
• does not interrupt intimate spontaneity
• does not interfere with the sensitivity or sensations of either partner
• does not change your body’s natural chemistry
• is instantly reversible — when you’re ready to get pregnant, just stop using it.
View Advantages PDF at right – click on image >
** Your clinician will determine which size you need based on your obstetrical history. Women who have NEVER been pregnant will use the 22mm FemCap; women who miscarried, had termination (even after two weeks of pregnancy), or had caesarian section will use the 26mm FemCap; women who have had a vaginal delivery will use the 30mm FemCap. If there is a question or doubt of whether you have ever been pregnant, it is best to use the 26mm FemCap.